Tuesday, July 17, 2012

For all of you who came here from the link I put on facebook and who assumed I was going to announce I was pregnant... well your envisions of me being swollen and bloated are going to be crushed because jokes on you suckas. I knew the fastest way to get peoples attention (especially in Utah) was to mention that I have something to announce. Haha well I don't. Unless you were wanting to know what it's like to go from eating dry, uncooked top ramen noodles for meals to eating homemade Kneaders french toast. It's pretty heavenly. Too bad my trip to Michigan is over and my home cooked meals from my mother-in-law are sadly over... But I officially move to Ann Arbor in two weeks so I only have to survive on my own for a little while longer. I think I'm going to have to put in more effort into cooking (or eating out) so that I don't get food poisoning again (should of seen that coming.) But alas, enough of my great announcement.

Everything is changing in the next couple of weeks and even though I'm excited, it's also very bittersweet. Pat started dental school last month (Yahoo for his hard work!) and moved out to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Luckily his family still lives there so he moved in with them. Yay for free rent and awesome in-laws! It will be so great to live with them for awhile and then to have them close by but it's going to be preeeetty hard to move away from my family. Tear-jerker I know. While my family is secretly celebrating my soon to be absence, I am often holding back tears thinking about not having them near by. How the heck am I supposed to say goodbye to my nephew baby Hank when he is going to forget me? He is never going to remember the countless hours of "wheels on the bus" dancing I've done with him. Same goes for my other nieces/nephews.. you don't want to get me started because we could be here awhile. It's all so sad but luckily I have a brother and his family who only live 20 mins from Ann Arbor so I will luckily be able to get my nieces/nephew fix. And I will have two siblings and there families living on the East coast so I will get to see them every once in awhile. It really won't be heartbreaking, but leaving my parents, some siblings, and Utah will be a little emotional.

And now for the exciting news... I will be done with Nursing school at the end of July! Sing hallelujah with me people. Even though I have literally loved every day of school, I can't wait to finally be an RN. The thought of actually getting paid for doing 12 hour shifts still amazes me. I'm moving to Ann Arbor the day after I finish and I will then study study study and take the NCLEX (the national boards). I've started to apply for jobs and I'm hoping to hear back from them. Pretty crazy. I have a feeling my definition of "crazy" will change if my hopes of working in Detroit in the ER come true. I probably won't start out there but one day I would love to be in the  dirty of gun shot wounds and stabbings. It's quite ironic that Detroit scares me (have you guys been there? because wow) but I get excited thinking about working in the ER.

And now for some pictures.... Enjoy!

Some of my nieces at "Grandma camp" This was 5 mins before Evie (little girl I'm holding) threw up all over me. Poor little girl was sick

Celebrating Pat's 26th birthday! Yes I know I look sickly. This was during the final stages of food poisoning

One of the most delicious birthday cakes ever. Much thanks to Momma Linda! (Pat's mom)

Going for a little bike ride with PJ. Can't wait for more in the future!





2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah. You little trickster. lol. I didn't fall for it though! I'm sad you're moving.. we better get in one more girls night.. before I either go into labor or before you leave.. I wonder which will be first! - A-mizzle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so shocked to see your blog updated on my blog scroll and I was so excited! I have been thinking a lot about you recently...I am so excited for you to be done with school and to be on this next phase in your life. It is always hard moving away. I get pretty emotional just thinking about our move in a few months. And we want to leave Portland! Good luck in the job hunt and move. We love and miss you Sarah!

    ReplyDelete